• Point Spread Function. Three options for controlling the point spread function used in the deconvolution are provided.
• Gaussian PSF is the default, and it provides a text box in which you enter the sigma of the PSF (the sigma is half of the FWHM of the star image). This is the option we will use for this tutorial. Set the PSF to a value of 2.0.
• Gaussian PSF based on selected stars allows you to determine the sigma of the PSF by selecting a series of stars to average together.
• PSF constructed from selected stars allows you to create a custom PSF by selecting a series of stars, whose profiles are averaged together to create a kernel used in the deconvolution.
• PSF Display. Here you are presented with a view of the actual kernel used in the deconvolution process.
Was this article helpful?