Ferrari

1986 OA. Discovered 1986 July 28 at the Osservatorio San Vittore at Bologna.

Named in memory of Enzo Ferrari (1898-1988), world-famous Italian builder of racing cars and sports cars. After working some 20 years for Alfa Romeo, Ferrari built his factory at Maranello, near Modena, in 1940. A mechanical engineer 'honoris causa' at Bologna University, he produced racing cars that have won practically all the sporting competitions in the world. A benefactor, he gave medical apparatus to the university and to the hospital in Modena for research on muscular dystrophy. (M 16043)

0 0

Post a comment