1996 GS. Discovered 1996 Apr. 12 by P. G. Comba at Prescott.
Named for the American harpsichord maker Frank Hubbard (1920-1976). After graduating from Harvard he traveled in Europe and gained a profound knowledge of early keyboard instruments, setting this down in his book Three Centuries of Harpsichord Making. In 1949, jointly with William Dowd, he set up a harpsichord workshop in Boston, which, through a process of fission, became the progenitor of several such workshops and led to the establishment of a tradition of harpsichord making in North America. (M 34355)
Was this article helpful?