Klementinum

1980 FA. Discovered 1980 Mar. 16 by L. Brozek at Klet.

Named for the Jesuit college of St. Clemens in the Old Town of Prague. At the beginning of the eighteenth century a mathematical museum and astronomical observatory were established there, the observation tower being completed in 1722. Klementinum was long an important center for astronomical, meteorological and geophysical research and measurements. Now it contains the national and university libraries. (M 21130)

0 0

Post a comment