Write a word from "Origin of the Moon" on the previous page that matches each given detail.
1. A theory that says the Moon originally had an orbit - that was much like Earth's orbit.
2. A theory that says Earth and the Moon were formed - from gas and dust left by the Sun.
3. A theory that says the Moon was pulled out of Earth by the pull from the Sun's gravity.
4. A theory that says a piece of Earth broke off when a body from space smashed into it.
5. The escape theory explains that the Sun's gravity - created this on one side of Earth.
6. This word for a collision may have caused pieces of Earth to break off.
7. Earth and the Moon were double planets In this theory.
8. This word describes what the Moon became after it was captured by Earth.
Was this article helpful?