Everything is held on the Earth by a force called gravity. Gravity causes things to fall down toward the center of the Earth. All objects, including planets, stars, and moons, are made up of stuff called matter. The more matter something has in It for its size, the stronger its gravity is. Some objects, like the Sun, have lots of matter. The Sun's gravity is much stronger than the Earth's. The Moon's gravity is weaker than the Earth's. You would weigh a lot less on the Moon than you do on Earth!
I. What brings a rocket ship back down to Earth?
2. Why is it so difficult to walk up a very steep hill?_
3. Why is it so easy to go downhill?
4. Why Is the Sun's gravity stronger than the Earth's gravity?_
5. Would things weigh more or less on the Sun than on the Earth?
6. Can smaller objects have strong gravity?_
Was this article helpful?